SAVE THE DATE
33RD ANNUAL GOLDEN SHOVEL AWARDS
Wednesday and Thursday, FEBRUARY 13TH AND 14TH, 2019
Country Springs Conference Center
2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee, WI 53072
The Annual DBE Workshop and Secretary’s Golden Shovel Awards is Wisconsin’s premier conference for small, minority, and women-owned businesses in the transportation construction industry. With the completion of Wisconsin's Megaprojects WisDOT recognizes the limited number of opportunities in road construction in the upcoming years. WisDOT partnered with the National Association of Minority Contractors (NAMC)-WI Chapter to help DBE firms navigate the bends and turns in accessing federally-funded road construction projects and open doors to opportunities to public-private funding partnerships that construct major building and community developments throughout Wisconsin.
The conference is open to all businesses; small and large, prime/general contractors, architect-engineers, subcontractors, minority-owned businesses, women-owned businesses, construction industry suppliers/vendors, local, state and federal procurement specialists, and small business advocates. In collaboration with NAMC-WI Chapter, WisDOT Office of Business Opportunity and Equity Compliance (OBOEC) will bring together industry experts, resources and highlighted opportunities necessary for you to become competitive and profitable in Wisconsin’ construction industry in the years to come.
During the Awards Luncheon on February 14, 2018, the DOT Secretary and NAMC -WI Chapter will recognize noteworthy prime/general contractors, DBE contractors and community leaders for their participation in the construction industry. NAMC-WI Chapter will honor industry professionals and community leaders with their Golden Champion Award for Leadership followed by the Secretary's presentation of the Golden Shovel Awards. The Golden Shovel Hall of Fame is presented to contractors who have demonstrated their commitment to the WisDOT DBE program, the utilization of DBEs on WisDOT projects and maintaining a diverse workforce year after year.
GOLDEN SHOVEL SPONSORS
INTERESTED IN BEING A SPONSOR?
BUILD YOUR NETWORK TO BUILD YOUR BUSINESS
Network with key decision makers from Foxconn, Milwaukee Bucks,
Milwaukee Streetcar, Aurora Hospitals and many more!
CATAPULT YOUR COMPANY'S SUCCESS AND PROFITABILITY
Attend the Opportunity Panel, Project Detailed Discussions, One-on-One Networking Sessions, Workshops and much more!
"HEAR FROM THE TOP: EXECUTIVES TACKLING THE POWER OF STRATEGIC PLANNING IN CONSTRUCTION"
CITY OF MILWAUKEE COMMISSIONER OF THE DEPT. OF CITY DEVELOPMENT
SR. VP OF MILWAUKEE BUCKS
DON'T MISS THIS PHENOMONAL EVENT!
Transportation Panel Construction Forecast for 2018
- WisDOT Division of Transportation Investment Management (DTIM)
- Wisconsin Transportation Builders Association (WTBA)
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
Connect with Highway Construction & Building Trade Professionals
- Network with executives from leading organizations that spend millions on construction projects such as the Milwaukee Bucks, Aurora Hospitals, The Couture, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, General Mitchell Airport and Foxconn
- Participate in one-on-one formal networking sessions
- Attend a FREE Pre-conference DBE Orientation
- Learn about the latest technology from the exhibitors’ showcase
DON’T MISS the Relationship-Building Networking Reception sponsored by the Milwaukee Bucks!
Foxconn Autonomous & Connected Highway Vehicle Technology Panel
- Dr. Alan Yeung, Director of U.S. Strategic Initiatives, Foxconn
- Brett Wallace, Foxconn Project Director, Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Dr. Bin Ran, Professor and Director of Connected Automated Transportation Program, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Jim Barbaresso, Vice President and National Practice Leader for Intelligent Transportation Systems, HNTB